The first thing you will need to do to see the missed calls is to unblock the particular number from your iPhone Settings. This will take them off the blacklist which will automatically ensure that you will be able to see all the missed calls, texts, or alerts from the number.
Have you ever wondered if you can see any missed calls from the numbers that you have blocked on your iPhone? Blocking a number means that you don’t get any notifications if and when you get a call or text from that number since all texts and calls get blocked.
But if you ever feel curious about it, or are in a situation where you are afraid to have missed an important text or call from a blocked sender, there is a way to make sure you do not miss any notifications from the blocked numbers on your iPhone.
Steps To See Blocked Missed Calls On iPhone?
Blocking a number means you cannot get any texts or calls or alerts from that number until you take that number off your blacklist. But in case you want to unblock a number or want to see any calls or texts from it, the first thing you need to do is remove that number from your list of blocked callers. This can be done in a few quick and simple steps.
Here is how you can unblock a number on your iPhone:
1. Firstly, go to the Settings app on the home screen of your iPhone.
2. Then, scroll down until you see the Phone option. Click on it to get further options. Scroll down until you see the Blocked Contact option in the menu.
3. Click on the Block Contact option and you will be able to see the list of all blocked contacts on your iPhone.
4. You can select any contact number you want to unblock by tapping on a number and swiping left, where you will see the Unblock option. Click on it and you have unblocked the number successfully.
5. Once you have unblocked the number, it will be placed back in the regular Contacts list so that you can now see their missed calls from the call log by going to the Phone app and tapping on the Recents option to see any recent calls.
How To See Texts From Blocked Numbers On iPhone?
In case you fear that you might have missed out on an important text from a blocked contact, you can easily continue to receive texts from them by unblocking the contact number from your blacklist.
It can be done following a few simple steps stated below:
- Go to the Settings app on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Scroll down the menu until seeing the Messages option in the menu and tap on it.
- Scroll down and click on the Blocked Contacts option and click on it. This will enable you to see a list of all the blocked numbers on your phone.
- Swipe left on the contact you want to unblock. Tap on Unblock. Now you have successfully unblocked a number.
- After you have unblocked the contact, you can see the texts that you will receive from them in the Messages app.
Quick Steps Of How To See Texts From Blocked Number On iPhone?
- Go to the Settings app on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Scroll down until you find the Messages option and click on it.
- Scroll down the menu until you locate the Blocked Contact option and tap on it.
- It will take you to a page with a list of all your blocked contacts.
- Swipe left on a contact you wish you unblock and click on Unblock.
- Once you have unblocked the number, you will be able to see their texts by going to the Messages app in the recent messages.
How Do I See If Someone Has Called Me After Getting Blocked?
In case you want to see if you have received any calls from a blocked number, there is no way to do that without unblocking them. Once you block a number on your iPhone, you stop receiving notifications even if they call, text or FaceTime you.
The only way to receive calls or texts from them is if you unblock them by following the above-mentioned steps. Once they have been unblocked, you will be able to receive calls and texts from them once again.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q.1 How To get Get texts from blocked numbers on iPhone
Ans. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to retrieve messages from a number sent while it was blocked since iPhones do not have a blocked folder for data recovery, unlike Android phones. It is only by unblocking a contact that you can receive a call or a text from the contact.
Otherwise, you won’t be able to receive calls or texts from them and your phone will have no record of the texts or calls received.
You can unblock it by going to the Settings app on your iPhone, locating and clicking on the Messages option, going to the Blocked Contacts list and finding the number you have blocked, and then Unblocking it by swiping left on the number you want to remove from the black list.
Q.2 Will blocked calls show up on the call log?
Ans. If you block a number on an Android phone when that number tries to call you, the phone will disconnect the call automatically but you will be able to see the contact in your call log along with the information that it is a blocked number and how many attempts were made to contact.
On the other hand, if you have blocked a number on iPhone, the calls from that number will not appear in the call logs since, unlike Android phones, iPhones do not have a blocked folder for data recovery.
Q.3 Can you trace blocked calls?
Ans. Yes, private numbers, and blocked, and restricted calls can be traced. But, it is not possible to trace unknown, unavailable, or out-of-area calls since there is not enough data available to carry out a trace on them.
Q.4 Can You See If A Blocked Number Has Tried To Text Your iPhone?
Ans. The only way to receive texts from a blocked number on your iPhone is to unblock them. Otherwise, it is not possible to retrieve texts from that number while it was blocked since an iPhone doesn’t have a blocked folder.
In case you want to continue receiving texts from a blocked number, you can go to the Settings app on your iPhone home screen, scroll down and locate the Messages option, scroll down the menu, and click on the Blocked Contacts in order to see a list of numbers you have blocked on your phone.
To unblock them, swipe left on the number you want to receive texts and calls from, tap on the Unblock option and you will have successfully managed to unblock them.