The answer to how to see blocked messages on an iPhone is more straightforward than you think. All you need to do is unblock the person from your iPhone first. Once that is done, you will need to retrieve the message that they have sent from your cloud storage. You can just scroll through your privacy settings and unblock the person.
The process can be a bit tedious and hence always think twice before you block someone. There are third-party apps like Secret SMS Replicator and Private Message Box. The major work of both these apps is to help you monitor the messages that were sent while the number was blocked. Just download these apps from the iOS app store and after logging in you can get access to all the blocked images.
How to See Blocked Messages on iPhone Easily?
The iPhone is not similar to other interfaces and hence it can be a bit more complex to use than the other devices in the market. However, you will be able to see blocked messages on your iPhone as well. For this, you will need to make sure of the iCloud feature. However, in order to use this option you have to ensure that you had enabled the option for iCloud backup before you blocked the contact. If you do not know how to enable the same, follow the steps:
- In the first step, you will need to tap on the “settings” option on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the option that reads “Apple ID”. Following this choose the option that reads “iCloud”. This is the option that will allow you to get all the blocked messages.
- Following this, turn off the toggle for the Messages option. Do not forget this step as it is extremely important and without it, you will not get the desired results.
- And finally, you will be presented with an option that reads “Disable and Download Messages” in the pop-up. After you tap on the same, all the blocked messages will get downloaded on your iPhone.
This is one of the most simple ways that can help you if you are wondering how to see blocked messages on iPhone. However, you have to keep in mind that for this method to work, it is imperative that you have iCloud backup on before you have blocked the messages. If not, this method will not work for you and there are no other ways that allow you to get access to blocked messages. iOS is a tough platform to crack and hence there are very few loopholes.
How Do You See if a Blocked Number Has Called You on your iPhone?
Is it happening on a daily basis that there are unwanted calls and you do not want to pick them up? Well, if you are using an iPhone, there is an option to block these numbers. It will ensure that you can permanently bid goodbye to their disturbances. However, if you want to see if a blocked number has called you on your iPhone, that can be done very easily as well.
In order to get access to the information, you will need to unlock the number temporarily. This will help you to get all the notifications including the calls made from that number. How to do that? Just follow the steps as we mention:
- The first thing that you need to do is go to the option that reads “Settings” on your iPhone. You will be able to get this option from the home screen itself and it is available on all the versions of iPhone to date.
- After you have tapped the setting option, you will get the “phone” option. You will need to click on that to get further information.
- After you have clicked on that, just scroll down the menu. This will allow you to locate the “blocked contact option”. Tapping on it will allow you to get all the numbers that you have blocked to date.
- Swipe left on the particular blocked contact that you want to unblock. You will be presented with the “unblock” option.
You will be able to get all the notifications once you have successfully blocked the number. This technique can be used in both iPhones as well as iPads. The interface allows you to block the person once again if there is a need and hence after going through the notifications, you can block them back.
How to Unblock Blocked Calls on your iPhone?
Blocking is essential if you think that someone is constantly bothering you with their unwanted calls or texts. The iPhone gives you the option to block as many numbers as you want to. However, if you want to, there are options to unblock the blocked calls as well.
As we have mentioned in the steps above, you will be able to unblock any number that you have previously blocked. The process remains the same for all versions of the iPhone and does not take much time. Unblocking does not mean that you will not be able to reverse your action if you want to. You can block the number again if you want to.
frequently asked questions
Q1. What happens to blocked messages on iPhone?
Ans: If you have already enabled the option for iCloud backup then these messages are directly saved to the cloud. However, the blocked messages on iPhone are not displayed as it might be disturbing for the users.
Q2. Can you listen to notifications for blocked messages?
Ans: No, you will not be able to listen to notifications for blocked messages. The major reason why the block option has been presented for both messages and calls is to ensure that you do not get disturbed by unwanted texts. Hence you will not be able to listen to any notifications for the blocked messages.
Iphones are difficult to use and because of the unique interface, most people do not have an idea about how to use them. However, in this segment, we have tried to give you a good idea about how you can get back both blocked calls and messages. The process does not take much time. You can use third-party apps as we have mentioned however they might not be extremely trustworthy always. Always go through the available reviews and then select the option that seems most suitable for you.