Your Steam profile page typically highlights all of the games you’ve played and the number of hours you’ve spent in each of them, with a focus on what you’ve played in the recent two weeks. Steam does an excellent job of developing gaming communities and connecting you with your friends.
However, it can be a bit much at times, and you may want greater anonymity about your Steam activities. Your Steam profile page typically highlights all of the games you’ve played and the number of hours you’ve spent in each of them, with a focus on what you’ve played in the recent two weeks. The steps on how you can hide what game you’re playing are as discussed below.
Go to Profile > Edit Profile > Privacy Settings and set your Game information to “Private” to conceal the game you’re playing on Steam. Click “Friends” and set your status to “Offline” to hide your activity on Steam Chat.
1. Hide Played Steam Games
When someone views your profile, they can see the games you’ve played and how many hours you’ve spent playing them. You may now conceal your played games from your profile if you don’t want your gaming buddies to find out about your guilty interests.
- Hover your mouse pointer over your username in the top bar and select “Profile” to open your Steam profile.
- Click the “Edit Profile” button on the right side of the screen to change your profile.
- On the left side of your page, select “Privacy Settings” to access Steam’s profile privacy options.
- You may restrict who can see what by changing the privacy settings. For games of concealing, you have two options.
Set “Game details” to “Private” to hide gaming information. Even your friends will be unable to view the games you’re currently playing, owning, or wishlisting. Depending on the choices you choose on this page, they can still access your friends list, inventory, comments, and other information.
2. Hide Steam Games From Your Library
If you share your computer with anybody else, you should consider hiding particular titles from your Steam collection. Maybe they’re younger than you and the in-game stuff isn’t acceptable for them. You may also use this method to hide games from the main screen so that your friends don’t see what you’re up to. This guide will show you how to keep your Steam games private and hidden from your friends.
- Click the game in your Steam Library to hide it.
- Click the gear icon in the right pane’s game listing and select Manage > Hide this game.
3. Hide Steam Gameplay Activity
If you feel like hiding your Steam games activity from all of your friends would be excessive, you may hide it for certain friends only. Open the Steam app, then select Friends & Chat in the bottom-right section. Choose Manage > Block All Communication by clicking your friend’s name. Your friends will perceive you as offline if you restrict all communication. Additionally, Steam will display your profile as private if they visit it.
To achieve this, click the “Friends” button in the upper left corner of the Steam window and select “Offline” or “Invisible.”
4. Hide Steam Gameplay Activity For Specific Friends
If concealing your Steam games activity from all of your friends seems excessive, you may hide it for particular buddies.
- Launch the Steam app and go to the bottom-right corner to choose Friends & Chat.
- Select Manage > Block All Communication after clicking your friend’s name
When you disable all communication, your friends will regard you as unavailable. In addition, if they visit your profile, Steam will display it as private. So, if you don’t want to arouse suspicions, unblock them after some time. Repeat the preceding steps and select Unblock All Communication.
5. Make Your Steam Profile Private
You can take the nuclear option and change your profile to Private if you don’t want to handle different settings on your Steam account. This will prevent you from communicating with your friends and will have an impact on several areas, including game information, friends list, and inventory. To make your profile private, implement these steps:
- Navigate to your username at the top of the screen in Steam and pick Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Edit Profile icon to the right of your Steam Level number.
- On the left side of the page, you should see multiple descending tabs containing profile information.
- At the bottom of the list, select Privacy Settings.
- Select Private by hovering your mouse over the Game Details.
Keep Steam Private
Playing games should always be about having fun, and some solitude may be beneficial. With the strategies provided above, you can keep prying eyes at bay so that no one can ruin your gaming experiences. Now that no one can evaluate your video game preferences, you may add to your Steam collection without breaking the budget.