It is very easy to block someone on Zelle. You only need to open Zelle and then click on security settings, after that tap on the required account and then block. It will hardly take one or two minutes.
If you want to block someone on Zelle and don’t know the process then be there till the end. In this article, I have discussed some Zelle-related information and the process to block someone on Zelle.
What Is Zelle?
Zelle is one of the most used e-wallets which is user-friendly and easy to use. Sometimes, we need to block some users due to any reason. Usually, people get requests from unknown people and they claim that they need money and send them emotional messages, mostly these emotional messages are sent by frauds who want to extort money from strangers.
Nowadays it becomes very easy for these scammers to take advantage of people. They just send fake emotional messages and claim that they are from humble backgrounds and they need money for necessities including education and other needs. They send payment requests to unknown people and some of them even get scammed.
So it is always advisable to not send money to strangers even when they sound genuine. It is always a good option to block such people, especially when you haven’t met them in real life.
Things You Should Know
Before blocking someone on the Zelle app, you should know the following points:-
- You can only block Zelle users on the app but not on your banking app.
- Several banks don’t allow their users to block other Zelle users. You need to contact your bank’s customer care service or you need to deactivate “Pay with Zelle” entirely.
- You can unblock a user at any time by revisiting “Privacy Settings”.
- You can block more users by opening the “Privacy Settings” within the Zelle app.
Quick Steps To Block Someone on Zelle
Blocking someone on Zelle is very easy, you just need to follow the given steps:-
- Go to the Zelle app, make sure that you have the latest version, and if you don’t have the latest version then update it from Apple or Google Play Store.
- Tap on the More Options button.
- Go to the Zelle Settings menu.
- Click on the Privacy Settings page.
- Click on the Block Requests option. Here you may need to explore below to find it.
- Now scroll through the accounts with whom you have interacted and select the account or email of the user whom you want to block.
- Now, confirm the changes.
- Close the app and then check if your block request worked or not.
If you don’t have the account number or email address of the required user then you need to find them from the list of the payment request. This process will take around one or two minutes. You can block multiple accounts and that too without any verification code. Zelle has not placed limits on the number of blocked users.
What Happens When You Block Someone On Zelle?
If you block someone on Zelle then they won’t be able to use the money request feature. In addition to this, they won’t be able to transfer money to you. Usually, users block someone when they make fraudulent payment requests or send frequent payment requests.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to Block Someone on Zelle via Wells Fargo?
Ans1. If you want to block someone on Zelle via Wells Fargo then follow these steps:-
- Open the Well Fargo banking app.
- Login to your account.
- Select the online banking option.
- Click on the Payment and Receivables.
- Click on Account Transfer.
- Search for the required user.
- Tap delete.
- Confirm it again.
Q2. How to Unblock Someone on Zelle?
Ans2. If you want to unblock someone on the Zelle app then follow the following steps:-
- Open the Zelle app.
- Go to the settings menu.
- Click on privacy settings and then open block requests.
- A list of previously blocked users will appear and you need to select the user you would like to unblock.
- Confirm the change.
Q3. How do I remove someone from Zelle chase?
Ans3. If you want to remove someone from Zelle chase then follow these steps. These steps are for US Bank and they may vary with other banks.
- Log in to your bank account.
- Select the Send Cash option located in the top right corner on the same page.
- Click on the Manage Recipients option located on the action menu in the corner.
- Now find and select the desired user.
- Select the edit button.
- Select the delete recipient button.
- Confirm the changes.
Blocking someone is easy for Zelle users. Many times users receive requests from different people asking for money in real life they haven’t even met. So, it becomes necessary to block such people. You just need to go to your account settings and then click on the privacy settings page to block them.
This is a one or two-minute job and now you are free from sending them money and you can stop them from sending money also. You can even block multiple accounts. There is no fixed limit to this. I have also mentioned the after-effects of blocking someone on the Zelle app with other related information.
I hope that you found all the above-mentioned points useful and in addition to this, these points work for both iPhone as well as Android.
You May Also Like: