Wondering how to add sounds to the Discord soundboard? This can be done with the help of a desktop and at the moment you cannot do it via a mobile phone. You will be able to customize the sounds that you want to use on Discord and there are certain criteria that you need to meet. After you open Discord, you will be able to see the option of adding sounds by tapping on the server icon which reflects a “voice chat”. This is usually to the left of the screen.
However, if you think that it is getting too much and somewhat annoying then you can also choose to disable it. Just like the answer to how to add sound to Discord Soundboard is not quite difficult, this one is also pretty straightforward. You just need to select the server where you want to disable the soundboard.
How To Upload Soundboards To Discord?
Learning how to add sound to soundboard discord is not difficult and it just needs you to follow some simple steps. These are
- After you have clicked the “voice chat” option, you will need to select one of the channel voice chats which is located at the left screen tab.
- Usually, the voice chats will have a speaker icon which is placed just next to them. Just enter the chat and click on the music note icon below the option that reads ” Activities”. Just tap on it and you will be able to come across the available sound options.
- Click on the “add sound” option and this usually comes with a + icon.
- Just keep following the on-screen instructions and you will need to upload a sound file. Add an emoji and then just adjust the volume as well.
- And finally, you will need to tap on the option which reads “upload”. This will make the sound available at the soundbar and ensure that you are able to use it whenever you want to.
- The sounds are a simple way to react to what people are saying on the chat. However, these are usually a reaction to an emoji. The tool is easy to locate and you will be able to use it without much complication as well.
However, not all types of files are permitted for uploading. You need to ensure that you follow certain criteria so that the file is for uploading. These are:
- The file has to be at least five seconds long. Anything less than that is not accepted and cannot be uploaded.
- It is extremely important to ensure that the type of the file is MP3 in nature.
- And finally, you have to ensure that the size of the file is not more than 512kb. This is the maximum that the size can go and hence it is desired to keep the file size below this.
If you are constantly learning how to add a sound to Discord Soundboard, but yet cannot find the voice chat option then the feature has not opened up for you yet. Discord is testing the feature and hence it is not available for everyone to use. There are only some special users who are able to use this feature and hence you have to check whether it is available for you.
frequently asked questions
Q1. How many sounds can you add to the Discord soundboard?
Ans: The server comes with an option of 8 slots which means that initially you can add 8 sounds to the Discord soundboard. However, if you choose to boost your server, then you will be able to increase the slots thoroughly. It can jump from 8 to 24, 25, and even 48. However, add this only if you need it as it can cost you quite a bit of extra money.
Q2. Can you add more to the Discord soundboard?
Ans: Yes, you will be able to add more to the Discord soundboard option. This is because it is highly customizable and hence you can do anything that you want.
Adding sound to the Discord soundboard is not difficult, however, at the same time, it is exceptionally important. All you need to do is ensure that you follow the steps we have mentioned. The option is still at its initial stage and hence if you do not see this feature, don’t worry as it will be added shortly.