BrowseSmart is an adware browser extension add-on created by SuperWeb LLC. Its primary purpose is to inundate the computer with pop-up sponsored advertisements, generating money with each accidental or intentional click. The creators declare that the program can make the user’s internet browsing more fruitful by facilitating multiple site searching. However, this dangerous program may redirect the user to suspicious websites containing Trojans and rootkeys. Simply accessing these websites can permit viruses to infect the computer, putting it further risk for malware. BrowseSmart also collects personal information from the computer user, putting the user at a higher risk for identity theft.
The adware BrowseSmart almost always enters your computer in a stealthy manner. It is often bundled with free downloads and installs itself on your browser without your knowledge or consent. When installing the free software download, BrowseSmart quietly attaches itself to your browser without gaining your permission. Another way for BrowseSmart to enter your computer is via spam email where it is concealed as an attachment. Lastly, BrowseSmart can be transferred to your computer from malicious links within hijacked websites in which it has been planted.
After entering your computer BrowseSmart creates endless advertisements and pop-ups. While some of these advertisements appear to come from well known institutions such as Wal-Mart, EBay, and Amazon, the illusion asserts itself when the ad is clicked, and the user is mislead. At first, BrowseSmart might seem appealing with coupons and deals to trusted and familiar stores, but in reality, BrowseSmart simply tracks your clicks, creating more ads targeted specifically toward you. In addition, BrowseSmart is capable of collecting your personal information, including credit card and bank account numbers.
Besides all the money BrowseSmart is making through advertisement clicks, it may also redirect your search to malicious websites containing viruses and spyware. It is possible for this program to track the user’s browsing activities and record IP address, operation system, unique identifier number, websites visited, browser search requests, and other information. Moreover, BrowseSmart is capable of gathering intelligence on personal information, including sensitive financial information, putting the computer user at risk. Ultimately, tracking of this sort could result in identity theft.
Keeping the BrowseSmart program is definitely not recommended due to the personal information it collects. Be very careful when downloading free software. Be sure to check the “customize” box for installation, instead of “automatic.” Doing so will help prevent any unwanted installation of bundled adware or malware. Also, when removing the BrowseSmart program be certain to check for other viruses. It is advised to remove BrowseSmart as soon as possible. Antivirus software can help you remove this hazardous adware. In addition, you may also be able to rid your computer of this program manually by uninstalling unwanted and unfamiliar programs from your hard drive. It is important to protect your computer and personal information at all times.
Follow these instructions to remove BrowseSmart from your browser:
Remove from Google Chrome:
1. Press the Alt + F keys together.
2. Open “Extensions” and remove all unknown add-ons from the list.
3. Click on the “Settings” tab and select “Open a page or a set of pages” from it.
4. Choose “Set pages”, then delete the home page currently chosen and enter a new one. Click OK to confirm.
5. Go to “Manage Search Engines”.
6. Choose a reliable search engine and remove the provider you do not want to use. Click “Done” to confirm.
7. Restart your browser.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
1. Press the “Alt + X” keys together and then go to the option “Manage add-ons”.
2. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” and remove all unwanted add-ons from the list.
3. Go to Search Providers.
4. Find the unwanted search engine and replace it with a new one. Save your choice.
5. Press Alt + X and open the Internet Options. Go to the General tab and choose a new home page which is reliable. Confirm by clicking OK.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Press Shift + Ctrl + A and go to the Add-ons Manager tab.
2. From the list with Extensions, remove any unknown add-ons.
3. Press Alt + T.
4. In the Options window, under “General”, type a new site for your home page. Click “OK” to confirm.
5. At the top right corner of the browser click on the icon in the Search box.
6. Choose Manage Search Engines, remove the search provider you do not want to use and choose a new one. Click OK to save the changes.
Download Removal Tool
100% FREE Spyware Scan, Fast & Safe Solution For BrowseSmart Removal