Aartemis.com is a search provider which turns out to be a browser hijacker with unreliable services. To display advertisement from third-party web pages, this toolbar is connected to unknown pages. By redirecting you to sites with unknown intentions and probably insecure content, Aartemis.com poses a serious risk to your computer and information. This is why it is recommended that you do not use Aartemis.com toolbar. Instead, you have to remove the potentially unwanted program and replace your search engine with a trustworthy provider.
What does Aartemis.com hijacker do?
Aartemis.com toolbar is usually downloaded to computers as an attachment to freeware programs. It is described as a reliable search provider and a useful browser extension, but it turns out that to show you offers and discounts on different online shops, it keeps redirecting all your online searches to unknown pages. When Aartemis.com adware is downloaded to your computer, it is attached to browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Then, the settings of the browsers are changed and Aartemis.com is made your home page. Also, this provider is used as your default search engine and any searches you make on the Internet are made with its help.
The tool seems very similar to reliable engines like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. However, when the final search results are displayed, you have to notice that there are also numerous sponsored links among them. Do not click on links that are not connected to your search as they will take you to suspicious sites with unknown intentions. In case that some of these pages are managed by cyber criminals, your PC may be attacked by viruses and hackers and they may gain control over your system. Aartemis.com adware is not a virus, but it can certainly cause serious security problems. As this tool manages your searches and makes it possible for cyber criminals to increase the traffic to their malicious web sites, it is recommended that you remove the add-on completely and without leaving any files associated with it on your PC.
How to remove Aartemis.com from your PC?
To get rid of Aartemis.com, you need a reliable removal guide prepared for your browser. Follow its steps and uninstall the toolbar. Also, clean your system with a reliable AV program and does not leave any infected files on it. Choose an appropriate removal guide and delete Aartemis.com hijacker:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and go to the Add-ons Manager tab.
- Go to the tab Extensions and remove all add-ons you do not want from it.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- In the tab General, type the name of your new home page and click OK.
- Click on the icon in the Search box.
- Go to Manage search engines, remove any unwanted engines and choose a reliable one.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+X together and then go to “ Manage add-ons”.
- Go to “Toolbars and Extensions” and stop any add-ons you do not want to use.
- Go to “ Search Providers” and delete unwanted engines.
- Press the keys Alt + X, open Internet Options. In the General tab, choose a new home page.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Extensions. Remove any add-ons you do not want to have on your browser.
- Open the Settings tab and go to “ On Startup”. Choose “ Open a page or a set of pages”.
- Go to “Set pages”, remove your current home page and enter a new reliable page. Click OK.
- Under Search, go to “ Manage search engines”.
- Remove the unwanted search engine and enter a new one. Click Done.
- Restart your browser.