Eliminar GreyGray Ads
GreyGray Ads is a hijacker which is not recommended to have on your PC. This add-on can be attached to your browser with or without your consent. In both cases, the potentially unwanted program takes full control over your browser and Internet searches and thus makes your computer vulnerable to potential attacks of hackers. What you have to know about this toolbar is that it can be the reason for serious computer infections and to protect your information from being stolen by hackers, you have to remove it immediately and stop using its services.
What does GreyGray Ads do?
GreyGray Ads is a free program which is created to advertise products and services on shopping pages. The toolbar can be attached to browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The software can be transferred to your PC together with freeware software or it can be downloaded from its official web site. If you have not started the transfer yourself, you may not notice that the tool has been installed on your PC. As soon as the application is downloaded to your computer, it is attached to your browser and starts managing its searches. The new add-on changes the settings of your browser and makes itself the default search provider. Moreover, it sets its own site for a home page. In this way, every time when you open your browser you see the web site of this potentially unwanted program and you always use its search services.
GreyGray Ads also displays pop-up messages while you are browsing the net. They can take you to suspicious and insecure web pages. This is why it is not recommended for you to click on any of these notifications. Instead, avoid following links provided by GreyGray Ads, as their reliability is not checked.
How to remove GreyGray Ads?
To get rid of GreyGray Ads completely, you need a reliable removal guide. This is why our security specialists recommend that you use the steps of a guide shown below. Make sure it is appropriate to your browser and you follow its steps precisely. It is important to use an automatic malware detection tool to clean your system. Download SpyHunter and scan your whole system with it to detect and remove any compromised files or malicious system intruders.
Choose a suitable removal guide and delete GreyGray Ads completely:
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Press the Alt + F keys together.
- Open “Extensions” and remove all unknown add-ons from the list.
- Click on the “Settings” tab and select “Open a page or a set of pages” from it.
- Choose “Set pages”, then delete the home page currently chosen and enter a new one. Click OK to confirm.
- Go to “Manage Search Engines”.
- Choose a reliable search engine and remove the provider you do not want to use. Click “Done” to confirm.
- Restart your browser.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Press the “Alt + X” keys together and then go to the option “Manage add-ons”.
- Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” and remove all unwanted add-ons from the list.
- Go to Search Providers.
- Find the unwanted search engine and replace it with a new one. Save your choice.
- Press Alt + X and open the Internet Options. Go to the General tab and choose a new home page which is reliable. Confirm by clicking OK.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Shift + Ctrl + A and go to the Add-ons Manager tab.
- From the list with Extensions, remove any unknown add-ons.
- Press Alt + T.
- In the Options window, under “General”, type a new site for your home page. Click “OK” to confirm.
- At the top right corner of the browser click on the icon in the Search box.
- Choose Manage Search Engines, remove the search provider you do not want to use and choose a new one. Click OK to save the changes.