Dosearches.com is a web page you will see as your home page and search engine in case that your browser has been hijacked. If an add-on has been installed on your browser, it may cause unexpected redirects to unknown and unreliable web sites. All of this may result in a fatal system infection. To avoid these serious consequences and protect your computer from attacks of hackers, remove dosearches.com toolbar as soon as you can and make sure there are no other intruders on your PC.
How has dosearches.com come to your computer?
To be downloaded to your PC, dosearches.com is often attached to freeware tools which are downloaded from different sites. It is also available on its official web page. If you have not intended to download dosearches.com toolbar, then it may have been transferred to your system together with other software.
In this case, you will notice that it has been installed on your browser. The add-on can be attached to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. After the installation, the toolbar takes control over your browser and changes important settings related to your online searches. Dosearches.com is set for your home page and it is also made your default search engine.
As a result, you may land on suspicious web sites which have nothing to do with your search. You are taken to pages like video.search.yahoo.com, news.yahoo.com, images.search.yahoo.com, etc, but it turns out that this application is not created by Yahoo!. It is developed by Seablue Technology Ltd. As you can see, it is strange to use this search provider if it takes you to result provided by Yahoo!.
What you have to know about dosearches.com is that it is an advertising platform which redirects you to third-party web pages. Because the engine does not check the intentions of the sites to which it takes you, it is possible that you may be taken to suspicious and even malicious pages. If this happens, your PC will be attacked by malware, spyware, scamware and other malicious viruses and you will be unable to protect your personal and financial details from being stolen by hackers.
How to remove dosearches.com?
In order to remove dosearches.com hijacker, find your browser among the guides below and follow the steps of the appropriate guide to uninstall this potentially unwanted program completely. It is also important to scan your system with a reliable security tool like SpyHunter to detect any computer viruses and remove them successfully.
Choose the appropriate removal guide and follow its steps to remove dosearches.com hijacker and clean your system:
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Press the Alt + F keys together.
- Open “Extensions” and remove all unknown add-ons from the list.
- Click on the “Settings” tab and select “Open a page or a set of pages” from it.
- Choose “Set pages”, then delete the home page currently chosen and enter a new one. Click OK to confirm.
- Go to “Manage Search Engines”.
- Choose a reliable search engine and remove the provider you do not want to use. Click “Done” to confirm.
- Restart your browser.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Press the “Alt + X” keys together and then go to the option “Manage add-ons”.
- Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” and remove all unwanted add-ons from the list.
- Go to Search Providers.
- Find the unwanted search engine and replace it with a new one. Save your choice.
- Press Alt + X and open the Internet Options. Go to the General tab and choose a new home page which is reliable. Confirm by clicking OK.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Shift + Ctrl + A and go to the Add-ons Manager tab.
- From the list with Extensions, remove any unknown add-ons.
- Press Alt + T.
- In the Options windows, under “General”, type a new site for your home page. Click “OK” to confirm.
- At the top right corner of the browser click on the icon in the Search box.
- Choose Manage Search Engines, remove the search provider you do not want to use and choose a new one. Click OK to save the changes.