Findpages.net Removal Guide
The Findpages.net search provider grants users quick access to websites like Facebook, Yahoo!, YouTube, Gmail, and other popular ones, which is why they easily mistaken it for a genuine search engine. Although Findpages.net seems harmless at first, you should know that this is far from the truth. It has been discovered that this search engine can expose users to serious computer infections. Therefore, using Findpages.net is considered rather risky which is why it would be best to remove it from the system right away. Please note that deleting Findpages.net will not be such an easy task because the unwanted program responsible for its existence has to be located first. Keep reading to find out how to deal with the dubious search engine.
The main reason why Findpages.net is regarded as unreliable is the fact that it will present users with many sponsored links. Moreover, there could be commercial advertisements you will see along with the displayed search results. It is strongly recommended that you avoid clicking on any of the ads because that can cause serious damage to your virtual security. This may happen because it is very likely that the ads will send you to malicious websites. What is more, the developers of Findpages.net cannot be held liable for the content presented by third parties because they do not support their privacy policies. Hence, you can very easily infect your system with malware if you decide to interact with the displayed ads.
Findpages.net is known to be identical to other questionable search engines, for example, search30.com and find404.com. Such unreliable search engines usually replace the default search provider after certain unwanted programs supporting them land on the operating system. Intrusive undesirable applications like the ones mentioned in the previous sentence may enter the PC very easily, especially if there is no reliable security program enabled to stop them. Furthermore, there are numerous suspicious websites spreading unreliable applications. You should avoid such websites at all costs and should always make sure the freeware applications you download are genuine. Never forget these simple tips because they can help you prevent malware from infecting your computer.
As it was previously mentioned you will easily notice the existence of Findpages.net because it will replace your default homepage and search provider. Waste no time to detect and delete the program responsible for its appearance so that you can restore your browser settings to default. You can use the instructions below to try to find and remove the unwanted program manually. However, we believe it could be difficult which is why we would advise you to implement a reliable antimalware tool that will automatically remove the program and the search engine for you. Keep the tool enabled to stop other infections from entering your PC in future.
Findpages.net Manual Removal Instructions:
From Windows XP:
1. Open the Start Menu from the Task Bar and click on Control Panel.
2. Find Add or Remove Programs on the menu and double-click on it.
3. Choose the application you wish to remove, click on it and select Remove.
From Windows Vista or Windows 7:
1. Click on the Start icon on the Task Bar.
2. Click on Control Panel and select Programs (Uninstall a program).
3. Right-click the program you want to delete and select Uninstall.
From Windows 8:
1. Right-click on the Metro UI screen to open a pane and select All apps.
2. Select Control Panel in the Apps menu and then click Uninstall a program.
3. Find the program you wish to delete, right-click it and select Uninstall.
Restore browser settings:
On Internet Explorer:
1. Launch your browser.
2. Tap Alt+T.
3. Select Internet Options.
4. Click on the Advanced tab and then select Reset.
5. Tick a box next to Delete personal settings.
6. Click the Reset button again.
On Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open your browser.
2. Tap Al+H.
3. Select Troubleshooting Information.
4. Click the Reset Firefox button.
5. Click Reset Firefox again.
On Google Chrome:
1. Open your browser and tap Alt+F.
2. Select Settings.
3. Scroll down and then click Show advanced settings.
4. Click Reset browser settings.
5. Select Reset.