Baidu Toolbar Removal Guide
Baidu toolbar is an annoying add-on which you may find attached to your browser even though you have not downloaded it voluntarily. It turns out that this program is not detected by security applications as a harmful virus and it is not reported by computer experts to have been developed by hackers. However, the tool is said to pose a serious risk to your information and system because it redirects your Internet searches to unknown and insecure web sties that belong to third-parties. Having in mind the serious problems that can be caused by the work of this browser extension, it is strongly recommended that you remove the add-on completely from your system.
What does Baidu toolbar do?
Baidu toolbar is known to be often downloaded to computers without being seen by their users. The add-on can be attached to freeware programs and thus it can be infiltrated into computers without being detected. Also, it is often promoted as a reliable and useful browser add-on. In both cases, the toolbar is transferred to your system and is immediately installed on your browser. After the add-on has been transferred to your PC, it is attached to browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. After installed on your browser, the add-on changes some registry entries and also modifies the settings of your browser. As a result, you see the web site of this intruder as your home page every time when you try to open your browser. Moreover, this search provider starts redirecting your searches to third-party web sites.
Some of the pages to which you are taken may turn out to be unreliable and even harmful. In case that you are taken to sites the intentions of which are malicious, you have to know that your PC is at risk. Scamware, spyware, malware and other viruses can be transferred to your PC without any notification. Be aware that computer viruses are not harmless. They are created with the only aim of stealing your personal information, tracking your browsing sessions and taking your money. You should never allow hackers to gain access to your PC. Instead, you will become a victim of identity and money theft and it will be maybe impossible for you to clean your PC from harmful attackers.
How to remove Baidu toolbar?
To uninstall Baidu toolbar from your PC, follow the steps of a reliable removal guide that is prepared for your browser. Follow the steps and apply them precisely to uninstall the add-on and also clean your system with a reliable AV program. It is recommended that you use SpyHunter, because it has already proven its effectiveness in detecting and removing suspicious or threatening files from PCs.
Choose an appropriate removal guide according to your browser and uninstall Baidu toolbar completely:
Remove Baidu toolbar from Google Chrome:
- Press the Alt + F keys together.
- Open “Extensions” and remove all unknown add-ons from the list.
- Click on the “Settings” tab and select “Open a page or a set of pages” from it.
- Choose “Set pages”, then delete the home page currently chosen and enter a new one. Click OK to confirm.
- Go to “Manage Search Engines”.
- Choose a reliable search engine and remove the provider you do not want to use. Click “Done” to confirm.
- Restart your browser.
Remove Baidu toolbar from Internet Explorer:
- Press the “Alt + X” keys together and then go to the option “Manage add-ons”.
- Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” and remove all unwanted add-ons from the list.
- Go to Search Providers.
- Find the unwanted search engine and replace it with a new one. Save your choice.
- Press Alt + X and open the Internet Options. Go to the General tab and choose a new home page which is reliable. Confirm by clicking OK.
Remove Baidu toolbar from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Shift + Ctrl + A and go to the Add-ons Manager tab.
- From the list with Extensions, remove any unknown add-ons.
- Press Alt + T.
- In the Options window, under “General”, type a new site for your home page. Click “OK” to confirm.
- At the top right corner of the browser click on the icon in the Search box.
- Choose Manage Search Engines, remove the search provider you do not want to use and choose a new one. Click OK to save the changes.