Whilokii Removal Guide
Whilokii is a browser hijacker which is able to cause real problems if once installed on your PC. This is not a computer infection or a malicious intruder developed by hackers, but its services usually lead to unexpected redirects to compromised pages. It is recommended by security specialists that you should not visit sites with suspicious reputation. In case that Whilokii navigates your online traffic, it will be really hard for you to protect your system and information from attacks of cyber criminals.
How is Whilokii downloaded?
Whilokii is available for download on its web site and it can be also attached to other software when transferred to your PC. In the second case, it is likely that this toolbar will be downloaded to your computer without being noticed by you. The add-on is immediately attached to your browser and changes its settings. The intruder can be installed on browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The next step of the add-on is to modify your settings. This potentially unwanted program makes its own site your home page. Moreover, it starts managing your online searches by setting itself for your default search engine. As a result, when you try to look for some key word on the Internet, in return you receive a list with sponsored web links. Although most of the pages you are offered do not provide information relevant to your web search, you may still use the services of this application.
If this is so, you may be taken to suspicious sites. Whilokii redirects its users to third-party web sites and this is why you may be constantly taken to pages which are unknown to you. Remember that these redirects may lead to computer infections and fatal attacks of cyber criminals. To avoid these serious problems, remove Whilokii completely and replace it with a reliable search engine. Moreover, check your system for infected files or computer viruses. Some insecure programs may have been downloaded to your PC and this is why it is important to clean your computer.
How to remove Whilokii?
To delete Whilokii completely from your computer, choose a guide suitable to your browser, follow its steps precisely and apply them to remove the potentially unwanted program. Also, download a reliable antivirus program to clean your whole system from compromised files and intruders. We recommend downloading SpyHunter to be sure that your computer will be fully protected from potential attacks of hackers.
Choose an appropriate guide and remove Whilokii successfully:
Remove the potentially unwanted program from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Shift + Ctrl + A and open the Add-ons Manager.
- Open the list with extensions and remove all unwanted extensions.
- Press Alt + T.
- In Options, go to the General tab and choose your new home page. Click OK.
- In the Search box, click on the icon.
- Go to Manage Search Engines, delete your current search provider and choose a reliable one. Click OK.
Remove the potentially unwanted program from Google Chrome:
- Press the keys Alt + F at the same time.
- Go to the tab “Extensions” and if you see any unknown extensions, remove all of them.
- Go to “Settings” and then go to “Open a page or a set of pages”.
- Go to “Set pages”, delete your current home page and type the new one. Click OK.
- Open “Manage Search Engines”.
- Choose a new search engine and delete the unwanted engine. Click “Done”.
- Restart the browser.
Remove the potentially unwanted program from Internet Explorer:
- Press Alt + X and open “Manage add-ons”.
- Go to “Toolbars and Extensions” and remove any unwanted toolbars.
- Open Search providers and remove the unwanted search engine from the list.
- Choose a new search provide and click Save.
- Again, press Alt + X and go to “ Internet Options”. Open the General tab and set a new home page. Click OK.