LyriXeeker Removal Guide
LyriXeeker is a browser add-on which makes is easy for the user to find lyrics when searching on YouTube. In case that you want this toolbar on your computer, you will notice that it takes full control over your browser. The application is not a computer infection, but its services pose a serious risk to the security of your system and information. Because of this, it is recommended that you remove LyriXeeker from your PC and you do not use its services.
What does LyriXeeker do?
LyriXeeker is promoted on its web site Lyrixeeker.co, but there is also another way of transferring this tool to your PC. It is often attached to programs you download from unreliable web sites. In case that lately you have installed an application from an insecure web site or one with unknown intentions, it is possible that the potentially unwanted program LyriXeeker has been also transferred to your PC. If this has happened, the tool will be installed immediately on your PC together with the other application. The add-on can be attached to browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. In case that this toolbar is installed on your browser, you will see that it has changed many of its settings.
As a result of these changes, LyriXeeker is made your default search provider and its site is your home page. The tool redirects all your internet searches to pages which are unknown and it is possible that some of these pages promote bogus software or try to infect your system with malicious viruses. If you have LyriXeeker on your computer, you will see pop-up messages which redirect you to unknown sites and are able to take you to compromised pages. Be careful as these redirects may result in compromising your computer with malicious software and viruses.
In case that you have LyriXeeker on your PC, know that your system is at risk and you have to remove the potentially unwanted program completely, before it has made it possible for hackers to penetrate into your computer.
How to remove LyriXeeker?
To delete LyriXeeker from your PC, use a guide which suits your browser. Use a reliable AV program to clean your system from any unwanted intruders. We recommend using SpyHunter to clean your whole system from viruses and infected files.
Choose an appropriate guide and follow its steps to remove LyriXeeker:
Remove the potentially unwanted program from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Shift + Ctrl + A and open the Add-ons Manager.
- Open the list with extensions and remove all unwanted extensions.
- Press Alt + T.
- In Options, go to the General tab and choose your new home page. Click OK.
- In the Search box, click on the icon.
- Go to Manage Search Engines, delete your current search provider and choose a reliable one. Click OK.
Remove the potentially unwanted program from Google Chrome:
- Press the keys Alt + F at the same time.
- Go to the tab “Extensions” and if you see any unknown extensions, remove all of them.
- Go to “Settings” and then go to “Open a page or a set of pages”.
- Go to “Set pages”, delete your current home page and type the new one. Click OK.
- Open “Manage Search Engines”.
- Choose a new search engine and delete the unwanted engine. Click “Done”.
- Restart the browser.
Remove the potentially unwanted program from Internet Explorer:
- Press Alt + X and open “Manage add-ons”.
- Go to “Toolbars and Extensions” and remove any unwanted toolbars.
- Open Search providers and remove the unwanted search engine from the list.
- Choose a new search provide and click Save.
- Again, press Alt + X and go to “ Internet Options”. Open the General tab and set a new home page. Click OK.