CltMngSvc.exe Removal Guide
CltMngSvc.exe is an executable file which is sometimes downloaded to computers together with toolbars developed by Conduit. However, this file does not only come to PCs together with reliable software. It can be also infiltrated together with malicious intruders. It is known that there are different versions of this file found on computers. The process is usually seen in the Task Manager in case that you have updated some of the toolbars developed by Conduit. This process may pose a serious risk to your information and system and this is why it is recommended that you stop it immediately and you also remove any potentially unwanted programs found on your PC.
What does CltMngSvc.exe do?
CltMngSvc.exe is known to be located in the Program files folder. The potentially unwanted program with which this file is infiltrated into the system changes the home page to search.conduit.com and also makes Conduit the default search provider. The presence of the potentially unwanted program on your computer causes problems and may even render the work of your PC. Also, the search provider redirects its users to unknown sites with suspicious intentions and reputation. This may lead to a fatal system infection if viruses are infiltrated into the system. Never allow this to happen, because otherwise cyber criminals may manage to penetrate into your system and steal your sensitive information.
When you have an add-on created by Conduit attached to your browser, you will also see numerous messages to be popping up while you are browsing the net. These are advertisements that belong to third-party web sites and can redirect you to pages with unknown intentions and reputation. This also poses a serious risk to your system and makes your PC vulnerable to attacks of cyber criminals.
How to remove CltMngSvc.exe?
CltMngSvc.exe is categorized as a suspicious and probably malicious process. This is why you have to stop it and remove the harmful file with the help of a reliable AV program. Also, you have to remove the toolbar created by Conduit. To do that, follow the steps of the guide appropriate for your browser from the removal steps shown below. Do not forget that it is important to download an automatic malware detection tool like SpyHunter to check for viruses and infected files.
Choose the appropriate removal guide for your browser and follow its steps to remove CltMngSvc.exe and any potentially unwanted programs immediately:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and go to the Add-ons Manager tab.
- Go to the tab Extensions and remove all add-ons you do not want from it.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- In the tab General, type the name of your new home page and click OK.
- Click on the icon in the Search box.
- Go to Manage search engines, remove any unwanted engines and choose a reliable one.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+X together and then go to “ Manage add-ons”.
- Go to “Toolbars and Extensions” and stop any add-ons you do not want to use.
- Go to “ Search Providers” and delete unwanted engines.
- Press the keys Alt + X, open Internet Options. In the General tab, choose a new home page.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Extensions. Remove any add-ons you do not want to have on your browser.
- Open the Settings tab and go to “ On Startup”. Choose “ Open a page or a set of pages”.
- Go to “Set pages”, remove your current home page and enter a new reliable page. Click OK.
- Under Search, go to “ Manage search engines”.
- Remove the unwanted search engine and enter a new one. Click Done.
- Restart your browser.